Monday, November 17, 2008

Cold Feet

I kept telling my friends that the idea of getting married is compelling before you decided to get married. It is true, the moment you decided to get married everything seems wrong.
Then it is a matter of commitment I think that makes you survive.

Everything comes with a choice. Do it or don't do it. As simple as that. Not to take other people in account of course. Then again, convincing your own self that it is the right thing to do is hard enough.

I happen to have a friend incredibly crazy about this one girl, who finally decided to get married. Then suddenly popped back into my friend's life and says she still loves him. What the???
My other friend said, maybe this girl had just realized that he was her true love.
Sorry, not being sarcastic or anything. But, how do you define true love? The one that makes your heart skips a beat? The one that you cannot forget over all these times? Perhaps. But I find it an outrageous reason. I personally think she just got cold feet.

Despite the facts that this girl barely know the guy, and she said she decided so because her parents wanted her to. Still I think she made her choice already. There's no room for regrets in this kind of thing. The best thing we can do is accept embrace and move on.

I too, sometimes wonder if I can live with this guy, will I be able to love and cherish him for the rest of his life. I too have worries that we might stop loving each other and go our own separate ways. I too have my doubts.
Even so, I try my best to learn to love him again. I try to cherish all the nice things in him. I try to appreciate even a small sacrifice he made for me. I try my best to stop regretting myself and questioning whether this is the right choice or not.

A decision is made and there is no turning back.
I know a storm will end eventually.. By then, we humans must survive thru it all.

No comments: