Thursday, May 9, 2013

Single Parent for A Month

Sounds "lebay" but that's truly how I feel. Last time he was posted in Jakarta he managed to come back every 2 weeks for 1 whole year. That was hard at that time too.

This time it is 4 whole weeks alone, with two kids! The first time he left I thought, it's just a month. How bad could it be? 1 week went by, I was stressed. 2 weeks went by, I was stressed to the max! 3 weeks went by, anti climax. This is the last week, hopefully no bad surprises. I hate it.

The first week it was really tough for me and the kids. We are used to the routine of me handling Rana and Bram handling Asha. She is used to being tucked into sleep. So the first week was full of battle with me and Asha when I'm nursing and she wants to sleep as well. This battle only subsides by the end of second week. By the third week she can sleep by herself without me tucking her in.

The last 3 weeks I needed to wake up early to fetch Asha to school. No time for bfast, pumping, etc. Not just that, I needed to wash her face brush her teeth and shower her. So I needed to finish all my business first, so after all that all I needed to do is prepare for work. So every morning is a rush! Plus I don't know the bus schedule yet, so sometimes I waited so long for the bus to come.

Not to mention that Asha really demands my attention now that the dad is not around. I spent the first and second week taking her for a stroll on the neighborhood before bedtime. I was so exhausted.

Maybe I was more exhausted mentally, not sure why. Oh plus my interview that sucked big time! With no one to share it with. Now that all has gone to pass I don't even know what I was stressing about.

The point is the whole family is adapting to the situation. I went back to my old routine of taking her to school. Walk to MRT station everyday from work, and strangely I feel tired in a way, but I feel great too!

------------------------------------------------------------------
A great turn over point, on Saturday hubby said he might come back earlier. He did! He arrived yesterday. Turns out it was just 3 weeks of lonesome parenting. And Asha is still as demanding as ever.... hahahaha

No comments: