Wednesday, May 15, 2013

2013 - Cost Efficient Year

After reviewing our cashflow, account balance, incomes and spending, I officially announce that this household will be cutting down further on spending. The PUB bills are just crazy. The government expect us who have babies to sleep in a non air conditioned room? In this weather? Well, if you want to use just pay up. Shoot!

Not to forget our daily spendings which are getting more and more expensive each day. I'm trying my best to save up at least 20% of our total income but it is just getting more and more impossible by the days. Now I'm down to saving up 13% of our total income. Well that is the big save which is for our future funds, be it any emergency, or in case we decided to go back to Indonesia and buy a house. My husband also save some money on him as well. But in my account, it is decreasing rapidly. Lucky I have partitioned my savings into a few portions, OCBC has this feature. So I portioned it into kids emergencies (just incase they are sick, their trip to the doc for normal illness is not covered by anyone you see), my own emergency funds, vacation funds, gold fund, etc. But the fund for my so called "foya-foya" spending is finishing up soon. :(.

Means I am cutting down on my shopping. I can't buy anything that is not necessary. So for the next few months, no new shoes, no new bags, no new clothes for myself. I think I can live with that. In the meantime I'll try to rebuild my savings again.

Apart from that, I really feel that we are actually underpaid. Our salary did not increase much, or at least it couldn't keep up with the national inflation. The only solution is to look for a new job that is paying higher. It's just that it's not that easy with the current economy depression.

Allah has arranged everything, I believe that behind every hardship there is a virtue. I'll try my best to apply for new jobs (again) and see how it turns out. If it's not meant for me, it means I just need to tone down my spending. After all, Allah does not like a life full of unnecessary luxuries. Maybe this is MY reminder in a way. To cherish what I have, make do of what I have. So stop whining, and start saving!! :D

No comments: