Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Pre-natal Yoga

I have been doing the yoga exercises for 1 year now. I found that it benefits my body a lot. It tightens my stomach muscles, train my unused muscles, and rebalance my body. I have been asking my friends to try and do it since it's good for physical exercise. But I guess most of my Muslim friends stick to the haraam fatwa since it's a Hindu tradition, hence it's considered a religious thing.

I still continue to do it though because in my class:
1. There's no Indian music or chanting. It's purely stretching, exercising, concentrating, and breathing.
2. No meditation whatsoever.
3. I found no traces of Indian religious practices.

Therefore in my own understanding, insyaAllah it's safe. Well, even though for a "truly" Islamic point of view it's not REALLY Islamic. Things like, a mixed class, male instructor etc etc etc. But I try my best to dress up as covered as possible.

Ever since I got pregnant, I remembered for my previous 2 I didn't exercise. I got lots of complaints and discomforts. So this time round I tried to continue my yoga class. Since my instructor is also a licensed prenatal yoga instructor. So I took a beginner's class with modified movements. The class was small so it was easy to look after 1 pregnant lady.

I'm planning to do this til the delivery day, but I'll see how it goes. I've attended 3 classes and felt refreshed. I hope everything goes well

No comments: