Friday, September 28, 2012

Chiropractic Second Visit


I came in again the next day. In the morning I can feel that it's not as stiff as before but the pelvic pain is still really bad. So I bear with it for the whole day til I see the doc.

As I got there I complained about it and she did my normal adjustment while checking for it too. Turns out my front right pelvis bone is more forward than the left. Making the bones keep on brushing against each other, and it becomes sore. Which is why my vagina became swollen, because of the irritation caused by sore bones. Geez. 

So she did the same routine as yesterday, doing the same adjustments PLUS knock (literally) my pelvis back into place. After that I felt so much better! I got instant relief. I did ask her a few questions, such as:

Q: Why after adjustments as I woke up in the morning it felt awful again, did the pelvis go back to its original place?
A: It is possible. When you are pregnant your body is super loosen up so everything can go back in a very short while. Normal people might take more than 48hours, but for you it can go back within 24-48hours. That is why when we want to see you more in the first 4weeks to make sure that your body is used to your new adjustments, and not forcing it to go back the way it was. (I didn't know my body could do that)

Q: Will this chiropractic help in my labor as well?
A: Yes, we actually help to give more room for the baby to go in by helping to make sure that the pelvic bone is sitting properly, balanced, and able to support thru pregnancy and birthing

Q: Will this actually go away or do I need to live with some degree of pain til the end?
A: Of course, that's our aim. Slowly the pain will lessen and you will be left with a balance pelvic bone. This complaint is common, but it's not normal. This is supposed to be happy times for you, why do you need to be in so much pain?

I understand as a mother we need to make some sacrifices, faced with some hardships and unhappiness, pain and everything looks like something that mothers need to bear to be blessed. But I also find that as a mother, we are also entitled to efforts to make things better and easier without abandoning our responsibilities. If you just give up, there'll never be an answer. If you have tried to no avail, at least you tried. I refused to give up to the phrase, bear with it. If there is a way to lessen it, I'll try.

No comments: