Wednesday, February 18, 2009

H-38 to the Wedding Day

When I started this blog, it was 300++ days to the wedding day. Now it's down to 38 more days.. So many things have passed really...
1 year might be too long to prepare a wedding, but for me.. 1 year is abit too fast. His grandma passed away, my mom was sick, my mom went for surgery, my grandma fell sick too.. up till now.

For some people, preparing a wedding may not take a long time. For some people, they want to make it as perfect as possible. After all, we all want to be married just once.
We have been dating for5 years.. on 26 of march we would have officially been dating for 6 years!
On 28 of march we'll be married *insya Allah

Sometimes I envy people who met their soulmate then marry not long after. It was my dream, meet someone I love, then get married soon afterwards. I wanted to have a feeling of knowing someone for a short period of time then u feel like you know him all your life. Well, it ain't happening. Not for me at least.
Some people say that knowing someone, or dating someone for years does not mean you know him. THAT I can relate. I also know that getting married after dating someone for years means you lost those years that you can spend being lovey dovey during your marriage. Maybe or maybe not.. I will still be lovey dovey. Most likely, no...

Marrying someone you've known for years is like... marrying your own family, your own brother, your own best friend. I don't believe in such a thing as eternal love. But I believe that if you marry someone who knows you like your own family, it shall be an unbreakable bond. It doesn't guarantee that the marriage will last, but it sure will be harder to break.

No comments: