Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Anxiety and Depression

I really think I am suffering from early stage of depression. It has only lasted for a week and it comes and goes. But I do keep feeling down.

My symptoms are:
- Irritability. I am more irritable than ever. I can't stand my kids fighting, screaming, running around. I can't stand too much noise that makes me irritated.
- Lonely and helpless. I always bump into these feelings. I kept on feeling that I only can depend on myself. I don't have anyone to help (even when there is someone helping me with small things). I still feel everything is up to me to do. I have no one to turn to. I'm alone.
- Fatigue. I constantly feel tired. Like I have no energy. I feel like sleeping all day long.
- Scared of dying. I always feel like, how many days do I have left. Is tomorrow going to be the day? And these feelings kept on bringing me down like I've got nothing to look forward to.
- I have no plans for my future. I usually can plan what I want to do next year. Or the year after. Looking forward on holidays etc. Now I feel like I've got nothing. I don't know what to do. I have no plans. I have no dreams. I feel like I'm floating in the moment. Like life is empty.

I know I've got to fight this. I just don't know how. It just suddenly came over me. I don't even know what caused it. I'm trying hard to think what could have caused it but I really have no clue.....

Is it an accumulation of all my past losses? My husband gone overseas, lost my job, lost my helper. It's like all of a sudden all things in life that I took for granted are gone. At the beginning I tried to be strong and fight it. But maybe deep down inside I still couldn't accept it. I want my old life back. I want to be happy again. I want to be someone meaningful again. Truth is, I really miss working. I miss the feeling of socializing with adults during the day. Whereas now, what I do is just housework, caring for the kids. What makes it worse, I don't want to trouble anyone. I can't ask my husband to come back. He has a job to do. I don't want to be a burden.

My question is, can I find joy in being a housewife, where my husband is away and I'm left with everything? Can I have confidence that I really can do it slowly by setting my own standard? How bad do I want to go back to work again? What can make me happy again?

There is something missing in my life. Something that since I have left work has left me too. Maybe I was too caught up with my life, with my loneliness I can't see all other things in life.

No comments: