Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Husband

My husband is one of a kind. Sometimes I don't understand his reasonings for doing this and that. Sometimes he does things that is not in his scope, he got scolded for things he didn't do, he willingly takes over job scopes when the person who's supposed to do it came back late.

Sometimes I think that he's one of the reason why we live the way we are now. Sometimes I keep counting my blessings which money can't buy. We can't afford too many things, our salary is just enough for us to save up for things that we need, we don't spend lavishly but we still live comfortably. Ever since I was young I never wished for extraordinary things. I never wished for a super rich husband, life's luxuries. I've only wished that Allah gives me enough to live comfortably, no more no less. As for a husband, I only wished for someone who would understand me and be my friend through ups and downs.

Believe it or not, that's what I get. I don't want extraordinary things because ever since I was young I was always scared of too much responsibility. I've seen what too much money, ambition, achievement can do to a person. If I can choose, I choose not to have so much.

My husband is a very low profile person. He doesn't show off which sometimes amaze me and in other times irritate me. The bosses don't recognize him but I though what the hell, if they can't appreciate him, something better should be waiting for him on the other corner. He does have his weaknesses, but he too has his strong points.

Maybe being humble and keeping low profile doesn't give you big bucks but Allah prefers such a person. What better rewards can there be?

No comments: