Thursday, April 1, 2010

Time Heals

At least once in your lifetime you have that somebody that you truly hate and despise to the roots! Well, at least in MY lifetime. I spent days and nights hating that person, wonder what I should do to get back to him.

In the end, I wonder what would hating him do me? Would it do me good? Can it erase all the things that he's done to me in the past? NO. IT WOULD NOT. Forgiving is another thing though, everytime I remember what he's done to me, I feel like forgiveness is too "soft". I want revenge!! But then I wonder, how do I avenge? Thinking the ways to avenge oneself is too emotion consuming, time consuming and HEART and SOUL consuming.

So now I've learnt to let go. I can't change what happens in the past, but I still don't like him. I can just go the safe way, just stay out of his way. Where it's not so important don't go near him. I find that time heals and prayer helps. Everyday I pray that God would be so kind to cleanse my soul of this hatred. I pray to God to give some space in my heart for forgiveness. One day, I did.

I really don't care what he does anymore, nor do I care whether he still remembers what he's done to me. I've learnt to be happy for myself, if I can't be happy for someone's happiness.
Hatred really isn't something that you should breed, it'll destroy your soul.

Sometimes I wish God doesn't forgive him or make him pay. But now all I care about is whether God will forgive ME for all I've done. So I guess in the end, it is true.. time heals everything. Cause in time you realize, that what happens can not be undone. What's left is to repent and promise yourself not to let it happen again, and pray that God forgives you...

So my friend, now I can say, I forgive you. As I wish that God could forgive me too...

No comments: