Thursday, December 16, 2010

A note for oneself

Within a few months, two young moms whom I barely even known passed away. Both died of illness. I barely know them but they are my friend's friend. Which means I could have met them accidentally, or I might have been acquainted but just forgot about it. They are just my age and it truly woke me up to the fact that we really don't live forever.

My basic daily prayers are a mess lately. If God calls for me tomorrow what will I say? What have I done for God lately? I barely donate, zakat, shaum, sunnah prayers, read Quran.
I sometimes take my prayer's duty too easy. How can God take me seriously if I took It easy? My aunt called me from the states and her son has just completed memorizing the juz amma. How ashamed I am to God that my iman does not grow as my age grow nearer to my death.

I really do need this wake up call. May Allah always guide me wherever I go. I promise myself to be a better muslim in the future. Starting now. Singapore time: 9.26am.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: