Monday, November 9, 2009

Learning

People say learning is an everyday process. I agree that sometimes I learn from the least expected people.
I used to never understand the Javanese principal and behaviour of modesty and "ungguh ungguh". Setting yourself lower than the person that you are talking to. I realize that it is necessary to do that to some people you respect and people that you owe.. like your parents.

My dad is a true Javanese. He sometimes expect me to behave in such a way that I don't know why. But now I know that maybe he deserves it. Not by acting stupid, but being respectful. It is really nice to be treated back nicely after the nice things you have done. Not like you want anything big in return. But small things are also nice and precious. Like asking you how your day went.. saying small thank yous.. share little stories.. Nothing much right? But it's nice.. I really couldn't ask more than that.

The same thing goes for friendship and marriage. Everytime you got help, it would be really nice to say thank you and not just come whenever you need and leave again. Keep in touch once in a while, share little stories... It would be really appreciated.
Then again.. it's all those small things that makes people feel appreciated.. :D

No comments: